Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
We had another out-of the ordinary week with some sadness but also some blessings. God is good – always – and I am glad to rest in that knowledge. So here are some blessings from the week…
1. Visit from my niece My niece from South Carolina is up here visiting our daughter Sarah. These two girls, daughters of two brothers, were born a few months apart. Though ministry in different parts of North America initially provided limited contact for the two families, the girls have reconnected as young adults and have enjoyed some international travel together. The girls are headed to scenic Jasper to experience a few exciting winter activities.
2. A supportive physician I have a wonderful physician who has compassion and is working with me to try and sort out my current medical concerns. She cares more for me as a person than for squeezing my symptoms into a particular medical diagnosis. Her willingness to allow me to incorporate traditional medications and alternative remedies has helped me eliminate some of my medical problems….and we continue to work on the remaining issues.
3. A loving husband I love how my husband calls me up and asks me to lunch. He did that today and took me to a restaurant where it’s safe for me to eat. He has been my sweetheart for thirty-five years.
4. Many daughters God has given me four daughters, a daughter-in-law, and a number of daughters in the faith. I love their individual gifts and abilities and am blessed to be a part of each of their lives.
5. Green tea While I can no longer have regular tea or coffee, I really enjoy green tea. My two favorites? Peach green tea (loose tea) from Glenn’s in Red Deer served with delicious local honey, and Starbucks green tea latte, half sweet, non-fat. Yum!
Hope you have a week of encouragement and blessings.