I waited until later in the day to post my Fave Five list until I talked with the specialist. Good news!
1. In the queue. I am now officially in the queue to have my hip replaced! They will assign me a surgeon (I could have picked one if I had a preference, but my last hip replacement was done in Calgary and I don’t know any of the surgeons in Edmonton.) The referring doctor said up to six weeks to see the surgeon, but the receptionist sais up to twelve weeks to see him, with surgery 3 to 4 months after that. I’m going to be praying that we can get this all done sooner rather than later. In other news…..I will also need my left knee replaced. This helps explain some of mobility issues from the past months. Guess I’m vying for the bionic woman award!
2. On my own. This Monday enough ice had melted that I was able to meander out to do errands on my own. Though I drove around only in town, it felt great to be able to be out and about without inconveniencing anyone else.
3. Two years in double ministry. Today marks two years since Bud started serving as the Pastor of preaching and teaching at Lighthouse in addition to his responsibilities at the college. His gifts meld perfectly with Pastor David’s gifts and the two men serve harmoniously together.
4. Spring cleaning. I’ve begun spring cleaning with the assistance of my house helpers. It’s satisfying to clean up and clean out! Bonus: one of the charities sends a truck around to pick up donations so I don’t even have to concern myself with getting the stuff to a thrift store.
5. Less pain. This past week I have had a cold, but have experienced a significant improvement in my fibromyalgia symptoms. It’s good to be able to say, “Today is a good day!” several days in a row.