On Fridays we stop to recount some blessings of the past week thanks to Suzanne at Living to Tell the Story.
A few blessings of the week include:
1. Safety through surgery….My daughter came through her surgery safely. I am so grateful she is back home and recovering nicely.
2. Godly Mothers…I have been speaking with several friends lately who have mothers or mothers-in-law who will not speak with them. In reflecting on Mother’s Day I am thankful for the blessing of both a godly mother and a godly mother-in-law who chose to love us and eagerly participated in our lives. They both understood that a new family unit had been formed when my husband and I married, and theirs was a ministry of prayer and influence as our family unit was planted, grew, and developed. They are both in heaven now and we miss them.
3. Spring!…I am grateful for bits of new green growth, sunshine and spring temperatures.
4. Short respite…Last week I enjoyed part of a day that was almost pain-free and I was able to get around part of that day without a cane!
5. More answers…This past week I have been able to identify and add to my list of foods to avoid, which I hope will help both my fibromyalgia and my arthritis.
Even in the most difficult times, remember to stop and count your blessings!