Suzanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts this weekly exercise in recounting a few blessings from the previous week. It has encouraged and blessed my soul to participate!
1. WCBF Ladies Retreat – We had wonderful fellowship and great physical and spiritual food at the ladies retreat. It was a very encouraging time away.
2. Changed plans – My husband has been on vacation this week. We were planning to go away, but Saturday night my leg (the side that needs hip replacement) went into severe and extremely painful spasms so that I could not even walk without someone helping me. My dear husband set aside his longed-for time away to be with me and help me. Though not what we had originally planned, we have been having a restful and enjoyable stay-cation at home.
3. Anniversary – Sunday I will have been married to this wonderful man for 35 years. We were both young, idealistic, and immature when we married, but God has taught us and strengthened our love for each other and for Him over these 35 years. I am so blessed!! (This pic was taken after we had been married about 6 years. Don’t you love the glasses?)
4. Loving family and friends – Once again my family(especially Sarah) and my church family have blessed us and loved us this past week when I could do very little for myself. My heartfelt thanks to each of you who have prayed and provided over this past week.
5. Green landscapes – It has rained all week (Yay! No snow!!) and today dawned sunny and warm. Everything has greened up this week. Today I am mobile enough to plant my raised bed herb garden.
“Count your blessings, name them one by one, count your blessings, see what God has done!”