I’ve missed a couple of Fridays but wanted to make sure to post today. Thanks to Suzanne at Living to Tell the Story several of us have taken up the offer to post five blessings from the previous week.
1. Family arriving! I am very excited that our family from China begins arriving starting tonight. Our son will be teaching a block course at the college starting on Monday and is due to land here in the wee hours of the morning. Our daughter follows on Monday, and our daughter-in-law and grandchildren will come at the end of the month after spending time with her family.
2. Wonderful warm weather The weather has been warm, with long days and lots of sunshine and my raised garden has taken off. New this year for me is a yellow zucchini plant, which is growing so fast it looks like it is taking over the garden! The tiny yellow squash are developing nicely.
3. New ministry website Several colleagues and I have launched a website aimed at encouraging women in ministry. If you’d like to check it out it’s http://www.picturesofsilver.wordpress.com.
4. Improved health God has granted me good health the past few weeks. It’s hard not to think there is an association between the warmer weather and relief from fibromyalgia and arthritis symptoms. I’ve also been very careful to avoid any known food intolerances which likely factors in to improved health. Plus, now that my thyroid issues have evened out I’m losing weight again. Yipee!!
5. Waiting for surgery On of the prerequisites for hip replacement surgery is to be all caught up with dental cleaning and repair. I’ve visited the dentist several times over the past two weeks and am good to go. Now I’m waiting for a specific surgery date.
Happy Fourth to my American friends and family!