It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
1. No crying Emma made it back safely to Shanghai. Through my husband’s counsel, and God’s help, I did not send her off with a weeping mother at the door.
2. Refreshing conference My husband was able to attend a preaching conference this past week. He works hard regularly expositing the Scriptures for his students and congregation. I’m grateful that he can be on the receiving end for even a short time and sit under godly, encouraging preaching this week.
3. Time with a child I got to ‘make cards’ with my adopted granddaughter this week. A three-year-old’s perspective of what is nice and what is beautiful is charming. She made a birthday card for a friend and confidently told me, “I bet she’ll really like this card!”
4. God’s provision I wanted to buy a new cutter / trimmer for my card making. I broke one trimmer and was concerned that my second one was getting wobbly. Not only did I find a new trimmer, God laid it on the heart of a friend to give it to me. Her kindness was such a blessing to me.
5. Encouraging chat Today I had a very encouraging Skype chat with my sister-in-law. My husband and I and his sister and her husband were married in a double wedding almost 36 years ago. She remains one of my dearest friends, though we live thousands of miles apart. I am grateful for the technology that allows us to have face-to-face conversations.