It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
1. Mobility! It snowed overnight, but the rest of the week has been warm enough for most of the winter’s accumulation of ice and snow to melt. I’ve been trying to go outside to walk around or do errands each day to help build up my weakened leg muscles. I was even able to go without my cane a couple of the days!
2. Sense of humor One of the things I love about my husband id his sense of humor. He joked with the congregation that he and Pastor David had whirled around in teacups at Disneyland when they were in southern California last week. (No time for that kind of activity during a conference!!) A photographer in the church found some silly images of the pastors and photoshopped them into a teacup ride picture. The church family seemed to really enjoy seeing the lighter side of their pastors.
3. God remains the same Currently the winds of change are blowing for many of our family, friends and ministries. Most of these touch us in some way and cause me anxiety if I do not leave them with the Lord. God promises that He will never leave us or forsake us. I am asking God to keep me focusing on that promise in these times of uncertainty.
4. A photograph I took I love taking pictures, but am in no way a trained photographer. In the past couple of years two different publishers have asked permission to use one of my photos in their books. They both asked to publish a picture of a stained glass window portraying missionary Mary Slessor I took when we visited Dundee Scotland several years ago. This has been my fleeting moment of photography fame!
5. Family in Christ God has recently drawn to our church a number of families who have emigrated from Africa. I am enjoying getting to know them and marvel at the sacrifices they have made for the promise of a better life for their families. Language, culture, climate are all different, but we are one in Christ and enjoy wonderful fellowship together based on that familial bond.
What has God blessed you with this past week?