It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I missed a couple of weeks and did not want to miss another. Technically it’s still Friday here, though I am posting this much later in the day than I usually do.
1. Goodbye ice! I’m so happy for the beautiful, beautiful weather we have been enjoying. Other than a stubborn mound of crusty snow lingering in our front yard, winter is gone and I can get out and walk around unencumbered by icy conditions. I know I counted this as a blessing a couple of weeks ago, but we had a big dump of snow right after that post, but that snow has vanished so I am once again grateful for the disappearance of snow.
2. Yummy cupcake One of my daughters treated me to a gluten free cupcake from a bakery. It was iced with a mound of strawberry buttercream icing and tasted marvelous!
3. Help for my husband My daughter has a new job, at least for a few months, as an administrative assistant for my husband. I am SO VERY grateful that she is helping him. Due to the nature of our ministries over the years my husband has never had a secretary. I helped him with some things, but the majority of things an assistant would normally take care of my hubby ended up doing. A few months ago we tracked his hours and realized he was working about 70 hours a week between the college and the church, and that without much assistance. Having someone to relieve most of the office work has been a huge blessing.
4. Deals! At the Superstore today I came across a whole rack of clothing marked down to $1.94 each. Some of the garments were beautiful and originally priced for $20 or more. Most of the pieces were infant and toddler sizes so I was able to restock my baby shower gift box with some nice things.
5. Sparkling teapots I was able to spring clean my small collection of teapots which rests atop my kitchen cabinets. My young house helper climbed up on a chair (and sometimes on the counter) to haul them all down and to clean the shelves. A good wash through the dishwasher has the teapots sparkling like new! Tea, anyone?