Though I am geographically and otherwise challenged, I do realize that today is actually Saturday. I was interrupted in preparing this yesterday and did not get back to it. I still want to take time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story . Happy FFF a day late!
1. Fun on the farm My husband was asked to preach last Sunday in a church about two hours north of us. We appreciated reacquainting ourselves with believers we had known from our previous church. Sunday afternoon we had a meal with a family on their farm. The youngest daughter brought two baby lambs into the house to ‘introduce to us.’ These wee ones were just a day or so old. So cute!
2. I love flowers Monday my daughter’s boyfriend brought me a lovely African violet. I love purple!! Looking at that plant reminded me of my mom who lovingly tended dozens of African violets in her large kitchen window. Those violets grew like crazy and mom was always dividing them and giving away ‘slips’ to anyone who showed interest in her flowers. My family, on the other hand, is deciding among themselves how long it will take me to kill off this plant. I *ahem* do not have a good track record in this area. Sigh.
3. Taxes almost done My part for preparing taxes is all done and in for Canada and almost done for the US. Yay!
4. My sister-in-law I was able to Skype with my sister-in-law, a dear friend. She is my husband’s barely older sister (less than a year) and we were married in a double wedding almost 36 years ago. I sure am blessed by long-lasting friendships and for the ability in this day and age to talk with loved ones who live far from us.
5. Loving daughters This week the three daughters who live nearby each stopped by separately to spend a bit of time with me. Such a blessing!