It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
1. Nature Sanctuary Monday is my husband’s day off this semester. This week we visited a nature sanctuary in the nearby town of Devon. Occasional thawed spots dotted the still-frozen pond where ducks and geese congregated in hopeful anticipation of a quick swim. A lovely boardwalk allowed us to meander through the preserve, the bracing breeze hinting at the coming changes of spring while patches of snow still clung tenaciously to the underbrush. At first glace everything looked brown and barren, but on closer examination I found pussy willows just beginning to show their soft heads. Here are a few pictures from our outing:
And, of course, a picture of weathered rural buildings!
2. Photo Book Blessing I had some deals from Shutterfly and was able to finish a photo book of the wedding. A couple of problems cropped up when all my backgrounds and embellishments disappeared after I saved and closed the program before finishing my book. Customer service could not have been nicer to work with, and I was given an extension on my deals until their tech folks could work out the glitches. When I actually finished my work and was ready to order, I entered an advertised code and saved an additional $20 on my order of 3 books.
3. An New Life A dear friend who has suffer the miscarriage of 7 children is expecting a little one in July. We are delighted for this couple and pray God’s protection and blessing during this pregnancy.
4. Clarity God has given me some clarity and direction about a few decisions I need to make. I am so thankful for this.
5. Normal? What’s Normal? I’m finally catching up on things that were not priorities during all that surrounded the wedding – before, during, and after. I have some special events I am preparing for over the next few weeks. What used to be normal seems to be changing!
And just for fun, a bit of trivia from the lid of my Snapple bottle: Real fact # 1014 “Forty is the only number whose letters are in alphabetical order.” There you have it!
Did you enjoy some special blessings this week?