It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
1. Borrowing grandkids – My own grandchildren live in China for most of the year so I always enjoy “borrowing” grandkids from church people and my daughters’ friends. This week I had a visit from Hadrian, Aurelia, and Ophelia and their mom. I got to chat with the older two who shared some fun things going on in their pre-school lives. On Monday Henry, Charlotte and their parents joined us at the fire pit after supper, and yesterday I visited my daughter who is babysitting for Sydney, Brice, Heidi and Blake. My daughter introduced me as her mother, and I was amused as the two older pre-schoolers whispered to each other that I did NOT look like a mother, but a grandmother!
2. Planting seeds – I’m itching to get my garden planted, but last night’s frost reminded me that it’s still too early. I have some seeds ready to plant and am planning which veggies to put in this year.
3. Getting around – No ice, no snow, and warmer weather mean it’s easier to get around and be active. I’m so very grateful for that!
4. New grandson on the way – Speaking of grandchildren….Our family in China will be adding a new little boy to the family in August. They might possibly be here for the birth, but right now we are praying that things can be worked out for that to happen.
5. GF chicken nuggets – I’ve tried a couple of the President’s Choice brand gluten free foods, including some chicken nuggets made with whole chunks of white meat, and have been happy with them. It’s nice to have something safe and tasty to fall back on when my schedule does not permit cooking.
Here are some pictures I took this week near home. I will be glad when things start blooming here! Hope your week held many blessings.