It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
1. Our ladies’ retreat last weekend was a blessing. It was lovely to spend time with friends from various churches in Alberta and Saskatchewan, to be encouraged in the Word, and to enjoy warm weather in a camp setting.
2. My daughters and son-in-law prepared a nice Mother’s Day dinner, which we celebrated together on Monday night. I cherish time we can spend together as a family.
Because of that warm weather I caved in and planted my seedlings early this year. The rule of thumb in our area is not to plant until the Victoria Day weekend (a week before Memorial Day for my Stateside friends.) Then we had an unexpected night of frost, and all my plants perished. Ah well, back to the drawing board!
3. We purchased our home in the winter so I was absolutely delighted to find dark purple lilacs bloom the first spring we were in this house. Due to the exceptionally warm weather, they have bloomed early this year. I really love the dark purple variety!
4. I have not been feeling well and consulted my doctor this week. She is supportive, encouraging, and gives me latitude to work on my health concerns in non-traditional ways. I really appreciate her.
5. My youngest daughter accompanied me to the ladies’ retreat and helped me tend the book table I set up each year at the retreat. I talked in to driving home the back way so I could look for some rural scenes to photograph. I got us lost for a while but we had a good chat and I found a few things to photograph. It was precious time spent with one of my children.