It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
1. I’m an introvert A couple of years ago my daughters brought me the personality tests they had taken at work. I took the tests and was surprised to learn I was unquestionably an introvert. In some ways this should not have been a surprise since I was excruciatingly shy as a kid. But I was also bossy (sorry, Sis) and by the time I got to university, was involved in leadership on several levels. I have always required blocks of quiet, down time to recharge after interacting with people, but did not know this was a primary identifier of introversion.
Those test results also showed my abilities were almost a 50 – 50 divide between organized, structured strengths, and creative, artistic strengths. I have recently clued in to the fact that disorder makes me feel somewhat anxious, so I have begun my summer project of sorting and purging my belongings. My artistic side objects. Which side will win? I’ll keep you posted!
2. Pirates Yesterday I had a visit from Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Tink, and the crocodile, all expressed through the imaginings of two very enthusiastic borrowed grandchildren. My deck was the Jolly Roger, my unplanted flower bed the right location for buried treasure, and a random board, the plank! Argh, Matey!
3. Delicious peach tea My traveling daughter brought me some Charleston Plantation Peach Tea from her trip. The Charleston Tea Plantation http://www.charlestonteaplantation.com/ is the only tea plantation in North America and is located on Wadmalaw Island, just south of Charleston, SC. I love both tea and peaches and this variety is scrumptious Mmmmm.
4. Light My tree has been cut down, but oh, what light now comes in the living room window! This will be especially appreciated in the winter.
5. Car stuff An elderly gentleman backed into my car last week. No injuries, just that sinking feeling you get when you see something is going to happen but are powerless to prevent it. I have been getting estimates on the repairs, and wow! what an education I have been receiving! I feel like I’m in a Peanuts movie where all the “Whaa, wha, whaa, wha” noises come from the mouths of the adults. No idea what most of their lingo means, but I’m glad it’s all written down so those more educated in these things can interpret properly.
Here are a few pictures I caught during this rainy week.