On Fridays we take time to look back over the blessings of the week, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
I almost didn’t do the FFF this week because my fibromyalgia has reared it’s ugly head today. But thinking about the blessings of the week has encouraged my mind. Hopefully my body will be encouraged with more good health days soon.
1. I am thankful that I had six good days in a row – minimal fibromyalgia symptoms and arthritis not bothering me. Today is not one of those days, but I’m looking forward to a new week with new possibilities.
2. My extended family My husband’s family (they are my family too – I love them all dearly) have been helping me sort out a tax question. Their help and kindness has truly blessed me.
3. Our children My adult children bless me and amaze me with all of their dreams and accomplishments. I’m looking forward to what the future holds for each of them.
4. No ice! It has been wonderful to walk out my door, walk to the car, and drive around to take care of errands without having to deal with icy surfaces.
5. Shopping Until Tuesday almost every time I need a rubber scraper (we grew up mistakenly calling them spatulas) I could not find a clean one. Tuesday I bought several new ones in a lovely variety of sizes and colors at HomeSense.
These are all very simple blessings, but as I was writing them down my mind jumped to even more blessings from the week. Maybe you are having a tough day physically too. If you can, take a few minutes to remember some of the good things from the week. God has richly blessed me, but sometimes it takes longer for me to recognize that when I am in pain. The exercise of forcing myself to ‘think on these things’ is important and I’m glad I did do the FFF this week!