On Fridays I post FFF to be intentional about recounting blessings of the previous week. Suzanne sponsors this exercise at Living to Tell the Story and invites you to participate too!
1. Mother’s Day – My daughters brought Mother’s Day brunch over before church. The weather was warm and sunny, so we enjoyed an el fresco meal while chatting and spending family time together .
2. Herb Garden – My herb garden is planted! I used my gift card from a favorite nursery to select about a dozen different herbs for my raised bed planter. My husband planted flowers in the railing boxes, and we need to get our vegetables in soon. The growing season is short but intense here with the long days of summer sunshine and I am grateful for the blessing of warm weather after a very long, cold winter.
3. Ministry friends – It ended up that the college guest speaker and his wife did not stay in our home this past week after all. My husband had a stomach bug right before they were due to arrive, so the college board did not want to take chances that I might get it and pass it on to our guests. We were able to host them for several meals during the week and were blessed by fellowship with these new friends.
4. Rest – God prescribed rest as part of His creative process. It has been a long and intense couple of months for us and we look forward to an upcoming restful week.
5. Loving husband – This has been a doozy of a year health wise for me. While the recent iron infusions seem to be nudging my stamina and energy forward, I still am fairly frail and unable to handle much social interaction or physical activity in a day. It has not helped that in my weakened condition I still am dealing with secondary conditions and even sometimes negative effects from the meds and treatments for these conditions. I am researching and deciding the best way to heal my immune system in light of my body’s particular reactions and requirements. Throughout this whole process my husband has been a kind and helpful support. I am so very blessed by his loving assistance as well as the help of my family and friends.
And a bonus blessing: Less than two months now before we see the these special kiddos!
Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
We had another out-of the ordinary week with some sadness but also some blessings. God is good – always – and I am glad to rest in that knowledge. So here are some blessings from the week…
1. Visit from my niece My niece from South Carolina is up here visiting our daughter Sarah. These two girls, daughters of two brothers, were born a few months apart. Though ministry in different parts of North America initially provided limited contact for the two families, the girls have reconnected as young adults and have enjoyed some international travel together. The girls are headed to scenic Jasper to experience a few exciting winter activities.
2. A supportive physician I have a wonderful physician who has compassion and is working with me to try and sort out my current medical concerns. She cares more for me as a person than for squeezing my symptoms into a particular medical diagnosis. Her willingness to allow me to incorporate traditional medications and alternative remedies has helped me eliminate some of my medical problems….and we continue to work on the remaining issues.
3. A loving husband I love how my husband calls me up and asks me to lunch. He did that today and took me to a restaurant where it’s safe for me to eat. He has been my sweetheart for thirty-five years.
4. Many daughters God has given me four daughters, a daughter-in-law, and a number of daughters in the faith. I love their individual gifts and abilities and am blessed to be a part of each of their lives.
5. Green tea While I can no longer have regular tea or coffee, I really enjoy green tea. My two favorites? Peach green tea (loose tea) from Glenn’s in Red Deer served with delicious local honey, and Starbucks green tea latte, half sweet, non-fat. Yum!
Hope you have a week of encouragement and blessings.